Publicly Accessible Data
As the primary advisor to the Governor and Legislature, Building Bright Futures recognizes the importance of making data easily accessible to early childhood stakeholders. Three key datasets will be featured on this page over the next 2 months:
- Vermont Agency of Education's State Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) Data
- National Survey of Children's Health (NSCH)
- Census Data
Below you will find information about each of the datasets, what you can expect to see on our site, and additional resources.
Are you interested in submitted your data for inclusion on the Center webpage? Do you have questions about existing data or whether data is available on your topic? Please contact us here.
The Vermont Agency of Education's State Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) Data
We are excited to showcase, for the first time, data provided by the Vermont Agency of Education from the State Longitudinal Data System (SLDS)!
The Vermont Agency of Education (AOE), through funding from a 4.9 million dollar grant from the U.S. Department of Education, is in the final stages of developing and implementing a Statewide Longitudinal Data System (SLDS) to support the work of the AOE, Vermont school districts, and the early childhood system. The SLDS is intended to enhance the ability of Vermont to efficiently and accurately manage, analyze, and use education data. The SLDS should help all Vermont early childhood stakeholders to make data-informed decisions to improve outcomes. This cross-sector data collaboration provides the first opportunity for Vermont to look across early childhood sectors to understand service provision.
The following data is available for viewing and/or download:
- The number of unduplicated children ages 0 to 5 served on October 1, 2019
- Head Start and Early Childhood Special Education Services
- Early Head Start and Early Intervention Services
- Vermont Agency of Education Data Collection and Reporting Knowledge Base
- Vermont Early Childhood Education Assessment: TSGOLD, CLASS, R4K!S
- Vermont Education Dashboard
- Vermont Special Education Reports
- Vermont Agency of Education Child Find
- State Longitudinal Data System (SLDS)
- Vermont Agency of Education